Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Southern Nevada Ale Fermenters Union - The Forum
News: Welcome to the SNAFU - Forum

Home Help Calendar Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leaky poppet!!!  (Read 2189 times)
Tominator
Sr. Brewer

« on: June 28, 2013, 10:45:49 AM »

Grrrrrrrr.

Racked to keg last night, snapped on the ball-lock QD and set the regulator, and gas began flowing into the keg. All seemed normal. Then, I disconnected the QD to move the keg to the fridge, and PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH all the gas came out the IN post. I removed the post and tried to re-seat the poppet several times, but still no seal. As long as I leave the gas connected, all is well, which is probably fine since I shouldn't really have a reason to disconnect it again. But... where do I get more poppets? Can the poppet o-ring be replaced?

T
TonBrew
Administrator
Master Brewer

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 01:34:43 PM »

You can replace the poppet o-ring, but it may be cheaper just to buy a brand new post.

Try putting some keg lube on the poppet and depressing it a couple times to see if that will help it seat

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Flavor. Substance. Personality

2012 SNAFU President
Tominator
Sr. Brewer

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 05:06:13 PM »

thx ton. ah yeah, i'll try a little more lube. the keg held pressure when I tested it about a month ago so it can't be too serious. I saw another thread on this board about this kinda thing and found a few online vendors with universal poppets so if worst comes to worst, I can get em. I also have 2 other kegs that I can swap poppets but that's just a temp fix Smiley
Lou Dogg brew
Sr. Brewer

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 05:46:49 PM »

If you need a little more lube you are not doing it right! Damn couldn't resist with that softball in the wheelhouse!
Tominator
Sr. Brewer

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 09:39:55 PM »

Here we go...  Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home Help Calendar Login Register