Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Southern Nevada Ale Fermenters Union - The Forum
News: Welcome to the SNAFU - Forum

Home Help Calendar Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pecan Porter  (Read 89 times)
Jim S.

« on: October 17, 2018, 02:25:58 PM »

Does anyone have an all grain or partial Pecan Porter (or any style) recipe they enjoy brewing? Would you also be willing to share it with me/us?

Brewing since January 2018
MattB
Administrator
Master Brewer

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 10:05:29 PM »

Hi Jim,
 I was shocked when I saw your post. I did not know anyone still was using this Forum. (I was thinking about deleting it because it had been a couple of years since anyone posted to it.) Anyway I have not made a Pecan Porter so I went and looked one up for you... This is from the AHA website and I have had good luck with recipes from their. I have made many porters and this looks like a good one. ( I am not a fan crystal malts so I would substitute brown malt for the 1 lb 6 oz (626 g) dark crystal malt (10%) The brown malt with the English malts should make for a nice chocolate flavor to go with Pecans. Check out the link and let me know what you think.

Matt Breen

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/homebrew-recipe/512-brewing-co-pecan-porter/

I was in love with a beautiful blonde once, dear. She drove me to drink. That's the one thing I'm so indebted to her for. Yes indeed...  W.C.Fields
Jim S.

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 06:57:52 AM »

And I am just as shocked that the post got a reply.  Grin

Thank you for the recipe. I will start with this and see how it goes.
I'll try to remember to report back on how it went.

Thank you for the response.

Brewing since January 2018
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home Help Calendar Login Register
spotty